August’s City Daily Photo Theme is City People and these men exemplify people in the summer.
- This photo shows how people gather on the streets no matter the season
- It shows people playing a game outside. Here they’re playing Chinese chess.
- Summer isn’t complete in China without at least one shirtless man. Often you’ll see middle aged men with their shirts rolled up and their bellies on view.
Click here to see more City People from all over the world. Enjoy.
This entry marks my swan song for new entries as I’ve used up all the free space for WordPress. Occasionally, I may repost a golden oldie for a blogging challenge.
See No Fixed Plans or Ruined for Life for more of my photos. Some are of China, others aren’t. No Fixed Plans has been rather neglected. Expect lots of photos of Asia.
Bikes racing along. Seen at the Chinese National Art Museum.
So July’s City Daily Photo theme was Look Down, which I posted for on this blog. So it’s weirdly coincidental that WordPress has chosen Look Up as a theme this week.
Anyway, here’s my post for the week.
1. Each week, we’ll provide a theme for creative inspiration. You take photographs based on your interpretation of the theme, and post them on your blog (a new post!) anytime before the following Friday when the next photo theme will be announced.
2. To make it easy for others to check out your photos, title your blog post “Weekly Photo Challenge: (theme of the week)” and be sure to use the “postaday″ tag.
3. Follow The Daily Post so that you don’t miss out on weekly challenge announcements, and subscribe to our newsletter – we’ll highlight great posts. Add Media photos from each month’s most popular challenge.
Other themed photos:
At Guo Moruo’s mansion. He was a writer, historian, government official. Guo Moruo lived from 1892 – 1976. Imagine the changes he witnessed in China!
This month’s City Daily Photo prompt is celebrating summer. I think one of the best things about summer is the abundance of fresh fruit. How or what do you celebrate in summer? (Or if you’re in the southern hemisphere, winter?)
To see more summer celebrations, check out City Daily Photo.
Wise women in China use parasol’s in the summer. It’s not a greasy as suntan lotion. I’ve been using mine.
In a jumpsuit no less.
I found this stunning in a way.
Chinese fashion. I know I couldn’t pull off this look.