To make your commute less nerve-wracking: A bit of tradition.
Industrial Wonder! China
Each week Ailsa of Where’s My Backpack? challenges bloggers with a creative prompt. Last week we were suppose to post photos inspired by “Industry.”
What sparkling images have you shot? If you want to join the fun, follow these steps:
- Create your own post and title it Travel Theme: Industry.
- Include a link to this page in your post so others can find it too
- Get your post in by next Thursday, as the new travel theme comes out on Friday
- Don’t forget to subscribe to keep up to date on the latest weekly travel themes. Sign up via the email subscription link in the sidebar or RSS!
Check out Where’s My Backpack for more photos interpreting “Industry.”
In winter Chinese bicyclists use these hand warmers rather than gloves. They’re attached to the handlebars to keep your hands warm. I suppose they’re less likely to slip than a glove.
I think it’s easy even for foreigners with no knowledge of Chinese to use the subway. The signage is exemplary. Chicago could learn a thing or two from Beijing.
City Motto. Subway Sign.
1. Each week, we’ll provide a theme for creative inspiration. You take photographs based on your interpretation of the theme, and post them on your blog (a new post!) anytime before the following Friday when the next photo theme will be announced. 2. To make it easy for others to check out your photos, title your blog post “Weekly Photo Challenge: (theme of the week)” and be sure to use the “postaday″ tag. 3. Follow The Daily Post so that you don’t miss out on weekly challenge announcements, and subscribe to our newsletter – we’ll highlight great photos from each month’s most popular challenge.
Other great photos:
In the hutongs of southwest Beijing
Like a lot of cities, Beijing has started offering bike rentals throughout the city. I wonder if it’ll take off. You do need to know some Chinese and probably have a local, not international, credit card to rent one.