All over the city there are new “China Dream” posters using folk art and ancient images. They’re supporting Xi, the new premier’s, “China Dream” campaign. This article in New York Books explains now the posters aim to get people to adopt the lifestyles of their ancestors.
- Old Dreams for a New China (nybooks.com)
- China’s dream with a stripe of green – Janet Carmosky (chinaherald.net)
- “[T]he old posters touted Communist values, the new ones largely replace them with pre-Communist Chinese traditions…” (althouse.blogspot.com)
- The New Face Of Chinese Propaganda (dish.andrewsullivan.com)
- Xi Jinping’s “China Dream” is not a Confucian Dream (uselesstree.typepad.com)